Snoringthat occurs occasionally due to cold or sinus is not considered harmful but continuous snoring is a matter of concern. As described by the best ENT Doctors in India, it may lead to other health problems like high blood pressure, heart attack and stroke. Snoring occurs when air is not able to move freely from nose and throat.It makes the surrounding tissues vibrate and due to this vibration of tissues snoring sound is produced.
Reasons for Snoring
Understanding the reason behind your problem of snoring and right remedy will save you from insomnia and also help person sleeping around you to have a sound sleep.
Several reasons are found responsible for snoring as told by doctors who perform Cochlear Implant surgery In Delhi. The most common ones include –
- Congested nose: Allergies and smoking cause breathing through the mouth.
- Nasal polyps.
- Bent Nasal cartilage.
- Large Tonsils.
- More weight bearing down on your throat.
- Relaxed muscles due to alcohol/sedatives.
Remedies For Snoring Problems
There are many remedies prescribed by the best ENT Doctor in India. Some of these remedies include –
1. Sleeping Time Remedies for Snoring
- Sleeping Position– Try to sleep on your side instead of your back. It will help in reducing the snoring by preventing the throat from becoming narrower and easing breathing during sleeping.
- Clearing Nasal Passages– If you have stuffy or congested nose then you should rinse with saline solution before going to bed.Using netipot,nasal decongestant or nasal strips also reduces snoring.
- Remove Dust or Allergen– Remove any dust, allergen present in the bedroom as it might causean increase in snoring.
2. Change Your Lifestyle
- Loose Weight– Loosing weight helps in reducing the fatty tissue present in the throat, thus stopping snoring.
- Use Thick Pillows– Using thicker pillows and elevating your head by four inches helps in getting relief from snoring.
- Exercise – If you do exercise then it will be quite helpful in curing snoring as body muscles get toned including the muscles of the throat that gives you relief from snoring. There are anti-snoring throat exercises suggested by specialists in Cochlear Implant surgery in Delhi. These exercises are highly recommended for reducing snoring problem.
Dry air in your room is also a reason of snoring. Use a humidifier or vaporizer and add a few drops of peppermint oil or eucalyptus oil to the vaporizer a few minutes before going to bed.
4. Eucalyptus Oil
Eucalyptus oil is an effective cure from snoring as it reduces the swelling of nose and help in breathing. Rub the oil on nose or inhale in the steam.
5. Peppermint Oil
Peppermint oil contains anti-inflammatory properties useful in preventing the swelling of the nostrils and easing breathing. Put few drops of oil in warm water and gargle with it before sleeping.
Snoring is amongstthe most common problems among the adults nowadays and can easily be cured by taking some preventive measures and applying the abovementioned remediesquite effectively.