It’s so annoying to bear that hissing, ringing, roaring and buzzing sound in the ears.…nothing less than an experience of a phantom noise! It is nothing but a medical condition known as Tinnitus. Ear Nose Throat Surgeons in India have decades of experience and expertise in handling such cases with amazing results. They understand how difficult it is to live with such a hearing impairment and therefore they are more than happy to provide patients with treatment strategies that help in coping with tinnitus.
Many ENT specialists who perform cochlear implant in Delhi, receive cases that could have been cured at a much earlier stage. And this is possible only if patient himself/herself understands the symptoms well and takes proactive step to avoid hearing loss. Living and coping with tinnitus would be much easier if you know the causes for the same.
Tinnitus is commonly caused by one or more of the following reasons:
- Loud noise that causes damage to the ear.
- Ear Infections.
- High Blood Pressure.
- Side effect of certain drugs.
- Excess earwax.
- Head injury resulting in somatic tinnitus.
- Vascular conditions leading to pulsating tinnitus.
Our experts recommend the use of earplugs to protect your ears during exposure to loud noise as this is also a common cause of tinnitus. According to them, the initial symptoms should not be ignored as they may get worse, leading to permanent hearing loss (if not given proper medical attention on time).
Now let us talk about the treatment and ways for coping with ear noise associated with Tinnitus:
- First of all, see a doctor to check out if there is excessive collection of earwax in your ears. If yes, get them cleaned then and there.
- Severe conditions resulting from somatic or pulsating tinnitus may sometimes require surgical intervention which is performed by the best Ear Nose Throat Surgeons in India.
- Also try to avoid excessive stress and anxiety as this also hampers already weak hearing system and makes tinnitus even worse and more difficult to bear. Taking ample amount of rest and avoiding exertion may also help.
- Doctors performing cochlear implant in Delhi use specially designed masking devices for treatment of tinnitus. They also use newer techniques like acoustic therapy to help you get relief from the irritating effects of tinnitus.
- Neuro-massage therapy for the nerves of your ears and head may give you some relief from that loud ringing.
- Changing your lifestyle may also be of great help in getting rid of the discomfort and distraction cause by ear noise. Regular exercise, relaxing techniques, reducing the intake of caffeine, alcohol and nicotine are known to provide significant relief.
- People suffering from long term health conditions, stress and depression should also seek counselling from trained and qualified healthcare professionals.
- Even after trying various treatment modalities, if you do not get relief then the alternative step taken by your doctor may be use of Tinnitus Retraining Therapy (TRT). This therapy does not eliminate tinnitus, rather it uses auditory treatment and therapies that will make you comfortable with the sound in the long term.