Sinusitis is the condition of swelling and inflammation in the surrounding tissues of sinuses. Sinuses are air filled spaces within face bones and skull joining with nasal space. However, in a person affected by sinusitis, these spaces are infected and blocked with a thick fluid. This condition is often associated with sinus headache, cough, fever, breathing difficulties, puffed face, facial tenderness, thick and discolored nasal discharge, and painful nose bridge, ears andeyes. Importantly, at this stage probably you have already tried several nasal medications from the pharmacies and worried without results.
This condition can be caused by immune systemdeficiencies, allergies, an infection, frequently getting affected by cold, dust and toxins from the environment, side effects of certain medications, Deviated Septum (malformed or position changed nasal bone) and Nasal Polyps (tumors in sidewalls of nose).
Generally, sinus infection is diagnosed by the ENT specialists in Delhi through a physical examination and investigating on history and symptoms. Some doctors do a CT scan or MRI for sinus diagnosis, although it is not required at your first clinic and an unnecessary cost. Of course, you will need the scan if the condition does not respond to initial treatments.
Many of us try out known home remedies before getting the first appointment with a specialist – could be herbal solutions, or over-the-counter medications. The ENT specialists in Delhi say only a few kinds of sinus infections caused by viruses could be treated with home remedies, while others require the consultation of a specialist.
Sinusitis, in majority of the conditions, can be effectively treated by the Best Otology Doctor in Delhi using medical therapies. If such treatments do not respond, further diagnosis and investigations are performed. Sinusitis surgery is recommended only to treat;
- Long-lasting (chronic) sinusitis unresponsivefor previous medical treatments
- A fungal infection
- Widely spread sinusitis that has affected facial bones
- Nasal Polyps
- Deviated Septum
- Sinus cancer
- Sinus HIV
- Septoplasty: This is performed to correct the position of malformed nasal bone, which takes away the breathing difficulties and other complications.
- Turbinate reduction: Through this procedure, overgrowths of turbinate (tissues in the nose sidewalls) are removed.
- Nasal Polypectomy: This procedure is to remove nasal polyps that block the nasal airways.
- Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery (FESS): This is an advanced procedural method used in sinusitis surgery in India. This surgical procedure warrants faster recovery, less pain and no scars on the face.
- Balloon Sinuplasty: This is another advanced technique to use a flexible balloon to clear the blocked sinuses. This procedure is safer, less aggressive and effective in treating sinuses.
- Dacryo-cysto-rhinostomy (DCR): This procedure is carried out to clear a blocked tear sac under the eye. This is done by creating a new pathwayto tear sac through the nose.
- Septo-rhinoplasty: This is used as a cosmetic surgery to restructure an abnormally hooked nose.
Sinusitis surgery in Delhi is very effective in treating sinusitis. Consult the Best ENT Doctor in Delhi and get the right guidance if this is the right treatment for your condition or you can settle with something less.