Ear infections can be very annoying for both adults and children. It usually occurs due to viruses or bacteria in the middle year. Earaches due to infection can give you sleepless nights. So, before you go out in search of the best ENT doctor in Delhi for getting your infection cured, we are going to help you with some tried and tested home remedies that will provide you immediate relief till you see the doctor.
You might experience sore throat, mild fever and stuffy nose along with earache and that’s when you realise you have got ear infection. Our ENT doctors who are known for providing best ENT treatment in India suggest that these infections should be given immediate attention as any delay in treating them can cause more serious effects or damage the smooth functioning of your ear.
Following are some of the major causes of ear infection:
- Excess build-up of ear wax.
- Environmental allergies.
- Respiratory tract infection.
- Allergy to some specific food items.
- Internal ear injuries.
- Genetic factors.
- Foetal alcohol syndrome.
- Nutritional deficiencies.
You may take help of the best ENT doctor in Delhi to understand the cause of your ear infection. He will also tell you about the severity of infection.
Also, read below for best home remedies to treat your ear infection:
- Salt – Heat a cup of salt over low flame for few minutes and keep it in a piece of cloth and seal it. Remember that it should not be too hot. Now keep the cloth on the infected ear for around 10 minutes. The heat will make the fluid in the ear to come out and relieve pain and swelling.
- Olive Oil or mustard oil – Slightly heat either of these oils and put few drops in the infected ear. This will make the infection causing excessive wax to get softened. You can now gently remove this wax with the help of a cotton swab. But make sure you do not put the swab too far inside the ear, else you may end up damaging your eardrum.
- Onion – Onions have long been known for their medicinal properties. You can take help of these for getting rid of that agonising pain. Just cut an onion into small pieces and heat it for few minutes. Now cool it and take out its juice. Put few drops of this juice in the infected ear and leave for some time. After this tilt your head in a way that the juice gets drained out from your ear. You will certainly feel better doing this.
- Tea Tree Oil– If you really want instant relief from earache, then tea tree oil is the best remedy for you. Its antibacterial properties are proven source of effective treatment.
- Garlic – The antimicrobial and pain-relieving properties of garlic can also help you get quick relief from pain in the ear. Nicely cook few cloves of garlic in mustard oil and strain it. When the mixture becomes bearably hot then put few drops of it in the infected ear.
Please ensure that you seek medical help if these remedies do not provide you relief after repeating them few times. You can contact us anytime for best ENT treatment in India and give yourself an assurance that your ears are in the safe hands!